Saturday, May 28, 2016

Pynchonian Videos

I joined a group on the Facebook that is called W.A.S.T.E. You need to ask to join and then be admitted. It is pretty cool as far as closed Pynchon groups go. Members hail from all over the world and they have knowledge of all sorts of Pynchonalia.

I'll be putting the more interesting stuff up here as it comes. One thing I found while going down the rabbit-hole on one of the W.A.S.T.E. links was a connection for a review of "Impolex".

For some reason I remember it as Imipolex, with the extra letter and syllable, but it's the name of a type of living rubber in Gravity's Rainbow.

Years back I'd heard that there had been a short film, or a fully independent project film with this name and subject, so it was obviously this.

About the group W.A.S.T.E.: Very few people have read all of the books. Even fewer have read all of them, all of the articles, and even Mortality and Mercy in Venice (a project TP wrote during a college class and published in London---and not included in Slow Learner). I'm not in that last group, but I've got my eye on MMV as well as finishing his Watts article from '65. Anyway, these folks end up knowing about some cool shit to which I'm otherwise not privy.

Also, for a tripped out view of a tripped out book, check out this currently working link to the movie "Impolex" itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment