Sunday, August 26, 2012

See You at the Blog

Oh boy!

Not that Thomas Pynchon's novels are going to be the only topics we'll be getting here, but I thought a title like that would set the tone for the ranting that'll take place in this forum.

The first Pynchon novel that both of us read was Against the Day, while the second for you was V. and my second was Gravity's Rainbow. For either of us, man, all I can say is, well, it's more of a sound, "Whaaaa...?"

I'm sure we both agree that we'd never attempt to introduce readers to Pynchon through any of these three books. I didn't know any of his other books while I was reading AtD; all I knew is that you'd love it.

After having chased down each of his novels and the short fiction collection, Against the Day remains my favorite. Nobody's quite like him. Some folks think that's a good thing.

Another cat, my Ruk-man, will get ample team here as well, Haruki Murakami. And probably David Foster Wallace, and maybe even Tom Robbins.

But that's just literature. I'm sure we'll be able to find other shit to discuss.

Fickt nicht mit dem Racketenmensch!

No comments:

Post a Comment